I thought it would be fun to just keep everyone waiting in suspense, but since I was asked I guess I can fill you in in the latest Baby news. I went to my last doctors appointment yesterday and nothing had changed. Still 1-2 cm dilated, and no effacement what-so-ever. Based on that, we decided to go ahead with a scheduled induction. We'll be heading in to the hospital on Sunday evening at 6:00, and the Dr. will administer cervedel (sp?). Monday morning they'll start me on Pitocin, and hopefully we'll have a baby by Monday evening.
We're excited with the prospect that we'll be holding our baby girl in just 2 more days, but I will admit that I am getting anxious about the whole labor and delivery experience. Yes, I know what to expect, but what if something unexpected happens? Gray's delivery was so easy and I enjoyed it so much that I am nervous that this won't be as easy as the first time. I'm also not looking forward to having to spend an extra "useless" night in the hospital on Sunday. I mean, exactly how does one amuse herself in a hospital room for approximately 12 hours before anything really exciting happens? Suggestions are more than welcome. ;)
Stay tuned for more updates....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Having a baby on Labor Day! How FUN!
The hospital has wireless internet so if you have a laptop you could entertain yourself on the internet. Actually, we have an old ipod that has internet capability that you can borrow if you're interested. Just let me know! Beyond that I say just get a good night of sleep! So excited for you guys!!!
I'm very excited for you! If you like word finds or Sudukos you can grab of couple of those books or magazines cause we know I'm sure we all have the same amount of time normally to read mind-less stuff like that! A board game? What about a rousing round of Trivial Pursuit?
Cervadil got me going fully w/ M, no pit needed - I started walking 1st thing in the morning to keep the contractions going and I hit 6 pretty quickly that morning before I even had my waters broken!!!
I alternated between sleep and watching TV (the contractions kept waking me up.) We brought a deck of cards and played card games for a bit. I also brought plenty of snacks to eat through the evening and some trashy magazines to thumb through.
If you need anything let us know!!!
Congratulations and good luck! Shawn and I wil be thinking of you!
--Alyssa
Woo HOo! I am so excited. An new baby girl! Maggie said that she has so much to tell her, so they need to be sure to meet soon. (really she just said "Aghalsfduysssiiiasfaaa Kitty" but I know what she meant.) I think the laptop and the wireless can keep you busy for hours. I would be happy to play Scrabulous with you!
Post a Comment