Wednesday, September 12, 2007
The Whys & What-nots
The Irwin house-hold has finally embarked on a journey I was REALLY hoping to avoid.....the "World of Why?" Or in Grayson's words, "What's that, Mommy? Oh. What's that, Mommy? Oh. What's..." You get the idea. I was very hopeful that this was something that we were going to be able to scrape by without experiencing, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. I do have to say that, though I'm probably jinxing myself, I don't mind the what's thats as much as I mind the whys. I mean, do you have any idea how many times a child can ask the question "Why?" in the matter of a minute? Too many. Way too many. Fortunately, my now standard response of "Why do you think?" seems to be a good enough answer....for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh yeah...we're right there with you. Only we are in the 'why' stage. Jason and I see it as somewhat of a challenge to come up with interesting answers to her 'why' questions...makes it kind of fun...for about 1 minute and then we just don't know what to say!
Oh man, we haven't entered that stage yet. I totally forgot about it. Maybe we should all compile a list of fun answers to refer to when our inquisitive two year olds have exhausted our "why answers".
Probably learned it from Matthew (or vice versa...) As you know I asked you about this a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I answer WAY to many questions but I am getting better of just ending it. I will answer ONE why question and then find an end solution like 'well, because that is the way it is."
Yeah, I totally think he picked this up from Matthew. :) I was just talking to Melissa the other day about all of the things the kids pick up from each other. I guess it just shows that it doesn't take long to learn new "tricks!" ;)
Tee hee.. well I have to say I am glad for the potty training trick Matthew has learned from his cohorts! He has been rocking the potty this whole week... not to jinx but NO ACCIDENTS!!!
Awesome! Here's to no accidents for the rest of your trip!
Post a Comment