Saturday, September 8, 2007
Bias in store
I don't know why, but for some reason there is no store that feels the need to carry a variety of little boys' clothing. It is something that I encountered for the first time roughly 2 1/2 years ago, but is still something that I am completely annoyed by. I hit up a couple of stores today for a "dressy" outfit for Grayson to change into after his Uncle Daniel's up-coming wedding. As soon as I entered the children's section I saw dresses galore. And I'm talking casual everyday dresses to really fancy party dresses. But nowhere did I find a single dress shirt or pants for a 2 year old boy. I'm all for the dresses, but don't these stores realize that now is probably the only time when I will have any control over what my son wears and, darn it, I want some dress clothes! I want to see some nice button up dress shirts, some decent pants, and heck just for fun, let's throw in a clip-on tie, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Cute (but) expensive boys dress clothes at O Baby (at Fountain Square. OR I would strongly suggest going out to the Outlets. We bought Matthew a nice dress shirt and pants from Ralph Lauren for like $40 bucks.
As you know, I feel the same way and have always been frustated. Trucks, doggies and sports are the choices and not very much "nice" or fun stuff for boys... There are 3 racks girls to one rack of boys... ACK.
Good luck!
Yes, this is something I've already discovered even though Baby Boy is still baking! I've definitely been spoiled shopping for a little girl.
We have a little clip on tie if you want it. Why do we have a clip on tie, you might ask? Lily's art 'smock' (the white button up shirt) came with a clip on tie! Check out Sears in the boys section across from the baby stuff.
If all else fails Gap and The Children's Place have some nice dressy boy options. You could just order online!
Why do I always forget about Sears? I'll have to look there sometime this week. I don't anticipate having any free time to hit up the outlets before our trip, and cheapie me is hoping to spend less than $40 on something Gray will most likely wear once.
Oh another idea - Annie reminded me of and she bought a beautiful dress for Alex to wear in her brother's wedding last year - Lil Guys & Gals. She bought some like a $75 dress for $25 there and it was very very pretty. She said they always have sales. Something to consider as well!
Opps sorry that store is right by Learning Treasures - about three stores fronts down on right (if you are facing the building...)
Oh another idea - Annie reminded me of and she bought a beautiful dress for Alex to wear in her brother's wedding last year - Lil Guys & Gals. She bought some like a $75 dress for $25 there and it was very very pretty. She said they always have sales. Something to consider as well!
I have had this feeling since Day 1 - I nearly lost it on a girl in Old Navy when I asked where exactly the baby boy/newborn clothes were - I got directed to the unisex RACK! ONE RACK! Compared to an entire CORNER for NEWBORN GIRLS! My mom had to come get me cause I was about to lose it. for dressy clothes I've found Macy*s can be good & sale stuff at Gymboree can have some nice button downs & slacks. Of course, there's my favorite splurge place of all time - Janie & Jack!
Post a Comment