Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Discoveries

This weekend I discovered several things:

*that Grayson actually likes shrimp.

*that even with only about 4-5 hours of sleep, my kid is still a cheerful, fun little guy to be around (for the most part).

*that Gray is cutting his 2-year molars, and I feel like an idiot for not figuring it out sooner. No wonder the kid hasn't been sleeping.

*that it's not nearly as easy to try to get through the day on only 3-4 hours of sleep as it was when I was in college.

*that I love the Monroe County Public Library and the fact that my son loves books (maybe even as much as he loves sports).

*that even though there are plenty of times when I would just rather sleep in, I really do enjoy getting up and going to church with my family on Sunday mornings.

*that Grayson can be a lot of fun at the grocery store now that he recognizes most of the foods and can even help pick out the fruits he wants us to buy.

*that Buckeyes are a really strange looking nut before you peel off their outer layer.

*that even though there are many times when we get frustrated with each other, my husband and I really are a good team, especially when it comes to our son.

*that I never thought I could feel such an enormous amount of love for the 2 special guys in my life.

No comments: