Friday, August 31, 2007

This week I have.......


*Spent WAY too much time in the bathroom. You think potty-training one kid is bad, try working with 3-4. ;)


*Had Grayson clap and cheer for me as I peed because, around here, that's the norm.


*Tried not to laugh after Gray pooped in the potty for the first time and exclaimed "I made a snake!"


*And finally, I have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN THE BATHROOM!!!!

6 comments:

K and J's mom said...

THAT might be the funniest and cutest picture I have EVER seen!!! I can't wait until you show his girlfriend that one when he is a young man!!!!

Christina Schmidt said...

A snake... tee-hee.

My question for you (and all) are we only parents that tell our son to bend over and touch his toes to wipe his bum??? OMG. Did I just say that outloud????

Anonymous said...

That picture is great!

Ummm...no, Christina you're definitely not alone there. We tell Lily to do that too!

Kelly said...

Okay, you potty-training mommies, here's a question for you: when do you start "teaching" your kid to wipe themselves?

Man-whoever thought I would be so okay with having this conversation? ;)

Christina Schmidt said...

He-he, clearly we have not gotten this far since I just mentioned that I make my child bend over and touch his toes whilst we wipe his bum (and NOW now he likes to crawl like crab so I chasing after my crabster trying to wipe the above mentioned bum...)

BUT with that said, we have been letting Matthew wipe his own bum mainly because he also wants nothing to do with us in the bathroom any longer. He says 'you stay. I go to the bathroom.' Then he screams for us because he shut the door and it is dark (I bought a night light for the bathroom but it is still fairly dark.)

The down side to letting him wipe is that he does not do a very good job and we need to do "touch up work". AND he hates to wash his hands which is usually a battle as well. AND AND he thinks it is highly entertaining to empty the entire tp roll if one of us is not standing there... Sigh.

One day, this will all seem funny, right?!

I guess it all depends on the independence of your child and how much they like or hate having their bum wiped by you... eventually we are all going to have to let them do it on their own I suppose...

Long post... sorry ;(

K and J's mom said...

We let K "try" and wipe herself at this point, which basically consists of her holding the wipe in her little hand and wiping a cheek. Then it is Mommy's/Daddy's turn to wipe. I love the bend over and touch your toes idea! ha ha ha These are certainly conversations you don't plan to have!!!