Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1 Month

Scarlett ~ Somehow you are already a month old, and I'm not sure where the time has gone. We are enjoying you so much, and you are already such a huge part of our family. We have watched you start to transform this past week or so. You are starting to be awake more often, and love to look around and take it all in. You love to smile, but seem to reserve your smiles just for mommy right now. Obviously, I don't mind one bit. :) Your favorite place to be is still snuggled right up against mommy's chest, which I also don't mind. In fact, I think cuddling up with you is one of the best feelings in the world.

I have found it funny when people comment on how small you are the past couple of days because it is just now that I can tell that you have grown. You are finally filling out some of your newborn clothes, and just might make it out of your newborn diapers by the middle of the month. But I have to warn you now that I think your nickname of "Peanut" just may stick no matter how much you grow.

Your brother still dotes on you, and usually asks to hold you at least once a day. He even tried to change one of your diapers all by himself last week. If you had only been wet, I probably would have let him. ;)

We are looking forward to sharing your second month with you, Scarlett. We have big plans for your first trip to the pumpkin patch and your first Halloween, and we can't wait to see what big changes you have in store for us, sweet girl.

Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about Grayson changing her diaper! I'm picturing him backing slowly away when we saw that it wasn't just wet!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! It sounds like Gray is going to be a big help!! Can't believe it's already been a month!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted the experience Grayson is getting, which is probably why I wanted to be a father so badly.

What a lovely post. Congrats to all of you.