Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pencil Project Update

Our "little" project has accumulated more pencils than I could have imagined!  
Packages just keep arriving and the pencils have quickly added up.
 
 This box came from my cousin in North Carolina and had more than 500 pencils in it!  
In a single box we had reached our initial goal!
 My mom, brothers, aunts, and grandma all sent Grayson pencils 
to add to the collection and we surpassed 1,000 pencils.
 And with the latest shipment from Grandpa and Abi,
our total so far has reached an amazing 
1, 433 pencils!!
 I can't thank all of you enough for helping Gray with this project.  
It has been amazing to see his face light up with each new package that arrives.
He is always eager to help count them and 
has never once asked to claim one of the pencils for his own, 
even after counting all the cool, shiny pencils.
After counting all of them, Gray wanted to change our new goal to a million pencils.
Since I've learned to never again ask my boy to lower his goals,
let's see what kind of magic we can make happen.

4 comments:

Grandpa and Abi said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations Grayson!

Morgan's Mommy said...

You have more coming! Great job Grayson (and Kelly)!

Katchka said...

Good job, Gray. I am proud of you!

Katchka said...

What's the latest count? He has one more week.