Dear Grayson~
Happy Birthday, little man! You made it to 3! I have once again been amazed at how much you have changed and grown over the past year. Your language has grown in leaps and bounds, and you pick up more and more "grown-up" expressions and phrases everyday. I love when you tap your finger against your chin and say "Hmm" or "Think, think, think." You also say "I'm mam (I am)!" quite often and I love it.
You love to be with your daddy and have become his shadow in everything he does. You talk about doing everything "when you're big and strong," just like him. But don't be too eager to grow up, little man. Mommy and Daddy are enjoying you just as you are.
Daddy and I have watched your personality blossom this past year. You still have moments of shyness, and are still fairly timid in most new situations, but once you've taken in your surroundings, you usually jump in with both feet, landing firmly on the ground. We have found a tenderness in you this past year, as well. You love being around babies and younger children, and have been quite the big helper with Mommy's little charges. Though this has taken us somewhat by surprise, we are thrilled and can't wait to see you with your new baby sister.
There is so much more that I could tell you about the past year and about who you have become in that time. But I'll leave you with this instead: Don't be in too big of a hurry to grow up, sweet boy. Enjoy all that life has to offer while you are "little," and let your mom and dad enjoy the ride with you. I know there may be some rough moments and big changes headed your way in the next year, but always remember that mommy and daddy love you and are so proud of the person you are becoming. And no matter what, you will always be our "little man."
We love you, Bug.
Love,
Mommy


5 comments:
So sweet and sentimental. I love it!
Oh, I am wiping away tears! Happy Birthday Grayson!
So sweet! Happy Birthday Grayson!
It really is amazing how much they have changed this year.
Happy Birthday, Gray! Thanks for letting us into your world!
Kelly that is the sweetest!! I cant believe he is three already! time flies! Happy Birthday Gray!!
Post a Comment