Tuesday, April 14, 2009
The Soundtrack of My Day
The ringing of an alarm clock; a blankie being dragged across the sitting room floor; the shower running; a knock on the bathroom door; "Good morning, Dada;" stirring from the baby's room; a muted conversation between my boys; cooing and rattling; humidifiers being turned off; drawers opening and closing; feet padding down the stairs; the pantry door being opened; cereal being poured; the refrigerator closing; chairs scooting back; chattering; the garage door going up; the garage door going down; "Good-bye daddy! Have a safe drive to work! See you when you get home!"; baby squeals; the front door opening; more voices, big and little; the front door closing; baby fussing; the t.v. turning on; Mickey Mouse's voice; kids playing "house;" the t.v. turning off; music playing in the background; "Is is snack time yet?"; "Is it lunch time yet?"; "My mommy will be here after nap?"; the microwave beeping; plates hitting the table; laughter and giggles; SILENCE; the baby crying; the phone ringing; the mail truck outside; "Good afternoon, Momma;" "Did I take a good nap?"; "When daddy gets home...;" "Stop it!"; "I had it first!"; "I don't want to talk right now"; "Sorry"; "Take it out of your mouth"; garage door going up; "Hide!"; garage door going down; "Where's Grayson?"; "I found you!"; front door opening; shrieks of excitement; front door closing; voices retreating; freezer door opening; pots rattling; water running; chairs scooting back; calm discussions; baby giggles; plates hitting the sink, water running, dishwasher starting; running feet; shrieks of laughter; ping pong balls hitting the table; drawers opening; humidifiers turning on; bath water running; splashes; laughter; toothbrushes; soft music; voices reading; voices singing; the click of the baby's bed; "Good night. I love you. See you in the morning."; SILENCE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
OOOHHHH! LOVE THIS!!! I totally want to steal this from you!
Original and clever!
That exhausted me just reading it.
AWESOME!!!!!
When this is your life, you think it will never end. Then you turn around, and you cannot believe your kids are all grown up. I love the way you enjoy every (almost) moment of this phase of your life.
Good read! Thank you!
Post a Comment