I received an email this morning about my 46 month old's development, which centered mostly on "athletic ability," otherwise known as gross-motor skills. Here's whay it had to say:
Helping the Inner Athlete in Your Child
"It's a rare parent who doesn't secretly hope for a naturally athletic child. But wait! Your child isn't even 4 years old. Time for a reality check.
SKILL SETS
What are the skills your still-3-year-old has? She is just learning to catch a bounced ball and throw overhand, though her accuracy is a bit iffy (she doesn't have much, actually). She can kick a ball forward most of the time but not in other directions. She's just starting to be able to pedal a three-wheeler, hop on one foot, and throw a ball with one hand, but it will take her another two to three years before these skills are perfected."
Hmm, does this make my son an uber athlete? 'Cause I just have to say, I already cringe when the kid throws or hits a ball to me with scary accuracy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think Gray is an uber athlete! The description sounds pretty close to Lily's abilities!
Yes, Gray is a super star! Woo Hoo!
Yes, he's definitely a great athlete. Sounds a lot like another great athlete in the family, a certain uncle maybe...
I agree with Daniel's comments.
Hell yeah he is an uber athlete! I could see that the first time I met him. Freaky skills!
Post a Comment